Private Fund Placement
E.L.K.’s fund manager relationships are principally based upon either many years of close alignment, sourced through deep referral networks or from prior E.L.K. clients and past relationships of the Principals. The level of mutual trust and transparency typically developed over a long period of time provides E.L.K. a highly effective means of completing due diligence that is often well recognized by its investors. Our engagements are highly flexible and our Principals are involved in all phases of diligence, preparation and distribution. We typically work on one fund placement engagement at a time, giving our clients our full attention and best execution.
Our investor relationships, many of which exceed 20+ years in duration, include: endowments, foundations, corporate and public pension plans, consultants, fund of funds, banks and insurance companies, private wealth management firms and family offices.
- Second or later vintage funds seeking to build their institutional investor base
- “Spin-off” groups from highly regarded firms
- Targeted strategies and concentrated vertical themes
- “Fundless sponsors” or family-controlled groups that are seeking co-investor capital
- Forward flow commitments from single investor or consortium often driven by asset sales and team carve-outs